How to use a Coin Cloud Bitcoin ATM
How to buy bitcoins at a Coin Cloud Bitcoin ATM
Here's how to buy bitcoin fast in 4 quick steps
- Type in your cell phone number and verify by entering the unique code Coin Cloud sent to you via text. Your phone number will be used to create your Coin Cloud account.
- Choose the destination of where you would like the bitcoins to be sent. You can choose to scan a QR code from your mobile bitcoin wallet (recommended), print a paper wallet, or manually enter your wallet address. Our machines can work with most mobile bitcoin wallets. If you don’t have one, you can download a recommended wallet from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store.
- Insert cash.
- Hit “Finish” and receive a paper and SMS receipt.
How to sell bitcoins for cash at a Coin Cloud Bitcoin ATM?
Here's how to sell bitcoin fast in 6 quick steps
- Verify your cell phone number by typing it in and entering the unique code sent to you via text.
- Choose the amount of cash you would like to receive.
- Using your mobile bitcoin wallet, scan the QR code on the machine to send the exact amount of bitcoins (not USD) required for your transaction. Be sure you send your bitcoins with an appropriate miners fee so the transaction is included for confirmation in the next block.
- Receive a text with a redemption code. It's important you don’t lose this code.
- You will need to wait about 10 minutes for your bitcoins to get confirmed on the blockchain. Once confirmed you will receive an SMS text informing you that your cash is ready for pickup.
- Go back to the machine, hit “Redeem” and Use the 8 digit redemption code to withdraw your cash.
What is a Bitcoin Wallet?
Similar to a traditional wallet you may carry in your pocket, a bitcoin wallet is used to store money. The difference is that instead of storing a collection of bills and cards, a bitcoin wallet stores a collection of bitcoin private keys. Typically a wallet is encrypted with a password or otherwise protected from unauthorized access. Unlike the Bitcoin network, a Bitcoin wallet is controlled only by its owner (it's not distributed and shared like the blockchain). It's important to keep your bitcoin wallet safe by either setting a strong password or otherwise keeping it out of reach of malicious individuals.
How to get bitcoins off of a paper wallet printed at a Coin Cloud Bitcoin ATM?
- You must download a mobile wallet app which has the ability to sweep bitcoins from a paper wallet. If you don’t have one, Coin Cloud recommends breadwallet for iPhone and Mycelium for Android phones.
- Once you have the bitcoin wallet downloaded, simply create a wallet account.
- Select the “Import Private Key” option.
- This will open up your camera. Scan the private key QR code on your paper wallet. (the bottom QR code)
- The coins will automatically move to your mobile wallet and will show up as pending. They will take about 10 minutes to get confirmed. If it’s taking longer to confirm, try closing out of the app and opening it back up again.
Why are my bitcoins slow to arrive?
All Coin Cloud purchases happen immediately so you receive the coins right away with zero confirmations. Sometimes, if you don’t see the coins in your wallet, it just needs to be refreshed by closing out of the app and opening it back up again. Some wallets will not show the coins until the transaction has been confirmed on the blockchain, which typically takes about 10 minutes, unless the bitcoin network is slow to confirm. If you are concerned about your coins not being sent, please check your transaction on the network by going to blocktrail.com and using your wallet address to search for your transaction.